Monday, November 13, 2006

"Freedom: The Story of My Second Life" by Malika Oufkir

I read Malika Oufkir's first book, Stolen Lives a number of years ago. It documented her life as a prisoner in the desert of Morocco, after having lived for most of her life as a princess, among the King and his family for so many years. I remember the details that she wrote about her horrendous captivity, and when I saw her second book on the shelf, I didn't hesitate to buy it.

I haven't completely finished the book yet, so this may be unfair, but I would not recommend Freedom. It would have been hard to compare to the first book at any rate, but the detailed discussions of her trials learning how to use faucets and bank machines was tedious to say the least. I like her message in the second book, but it is not an enjoyable read, unfortunately.

Rating: 5/10

No comments: