Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Blood Diamonds

Mr. C and I went to see the movie by the same name a week ago. It was one of those movies that makes you want to go home and join an organization, or donate money, or adopt an orphan. I couldn't shake the images, and to some extent still can't. I wanted to read more about it and find out where truth and fiction were blurred. Turns out there was more truth than fiction in the film, as I had anticipated. I have just started the book. I can't imagine that it will be a bad read; only a very sad one.

3 comments:

trinitystar said...

I too thought the film was excellent. We are quite cosy, and sometimes we really do not know what is going on in the world ... we watch or read the media ... does it sink in. One cannot imagine ones own child being snatched and trained to be soldiers. Yet, it does go on in many places. We need solutions.
Have a wonderful day! :o)

GoGo said...

I think we should go back to offering the father 6 goats to marry his daughter.

Much more practicle than a rock that is pretty much the same as every other rock on a ring on a hand.

Or mount a goat onto a ring.

Nabeel said...

I learned a lot from this movie .. didn't know about conflict diamonds and such. The situation in these regions is almost, if not truly, slave like.