Sunday, January 07, 2007

Museum of the Missing

Museum of the Missing by Simon Houpt was one of many books that I received for Christmas. Some of my favourite moments on Christmas Day and in the days following Christmas are spent curled up on the couch, with a hoard of dark chocolate and some really good books. I usually like to read non-fiction right after Christmas. I really don't know why...

This book is a nice coffee table book, but also a very easy and interesting read. The early section deals primarily with artwork that was stolen during WWII, which is a concise and fascinating read. It is well-written and has beautiful photographs and reproductions of all the major artwork which is described. I highly recommend it if you find this topic in any way interesting. I am half-way through, but so far, I rate it an 8/10.

No comments: